- Keep your devices up to date
- Run anti-virus and keep it up to date
- Use caution when clicking on links in emails
- Use caution installing software you do not know
- Use caution clicking on items from websites you do not know
Most importantly, always question who is contacting you to share information. Are they representing themselves as working for a company that would have your information but ask for information not used for identify verification anyway? Are they calling from a company you did not solicit information from? Does any part of their solicitation use fear or urgency tactics? If yes, hang up and call the company back directly to report the issue. Every company should appreciate the efforts you are making to protect your identity and your data.