However, there is another way to ensure emails from a specific sender are always allowed through the Outlook filtering process. Preemptively allowing specific email accounts or domains by adding them to Outlook's Safe Senders List prevents them from ever being flagged as SPAM in that Outlook profile. NOTE: This setting is saved to the local Outlook user profile and is not applied to emails opened on phones or on other devices without having the same setting saved.
Adding Email Accounts & Domains to Outlook's Safe Senders List
To add an email to the Safe Sender's list:
- Open Outlook and click on the drop down arrow next to "Junk" from the Home tab.
- Select "Junk E-mail Options...".
- Click on the "Safe Senders" tab and click "Add" to add a new email address.
- In the Add address or domain popup, add a specific email address or a domain to always accept email from.
- Click "OK" when finished.
- The new email address or domain is listed in the Safe Senders list.
- Click "OK" to exit.