- Type and size of paper
- Thickness and finish of paper
- Single vs double-sided printing
- Print quality and color
How to Set Permanent & One-Time Printer Defaults
When customizations are made to printer properties accessed through system settings as in control panel/settings, they become permanent defaults. When customizations are made to printer properties accessed via a pending print job, the changes apply only to that particular print job.
Setting permanent printer defaults
- Open the printer preferences by right-clicking the printer and selecting "Printer properties".
- From the Advanced tab click the "Printing Defaults" button.
- From the printer defaults window, set:
- Paper size, orientation, type, quality and source
- Color and document type
- Number of pages, copies and duplex settings
- Much more
- Once all customizations have been made, click "Apply" and "OK".
- From within a pending print job, click the printer "Properties" box.
- This will bring up the same printer properties window, but the changes made will only apply to this print job.
- Click "OK" after changes have been made.
- Click the "Print" button to print the document with the customizations made.