When a mouse behaves erratically, accomplishing normal tasks can be nearly impossible. Luckily, there is a way to fix the rogue mouse issue.
Visit our YouTube channel for the video that matches this post.
How to Fix the Rogue Mouse Issue
Before explaining how to fix a rouge mouse issue, it is important to mention that the following items can also cause a mouse to respond in erratic and unexpected ways, similar to the following issue:
- A dying battery in the case of wireless mice
- A device suffering from performance issues due to high demands on available resources
- A USB port that is going bad
After verifying none of the above issues are causing the problematic mouse behavior, try applying the fix below.
- Open Control Panel and double-click "Mouse".
- In the Mouse Properties box, click on the "Pointer Options" tab.
- Under the Motion heading, un-check the box next to "Enhance pointer precision".
- Click "Apply", and "Ok" to save the settings and close this box.