- Open Outlook.
- Click "File" in the upper left corner.
- Click Account Settings and select "Account Settings" in the drop down menu.
- On the Email tab in the Account Settings box, double-click on the email account to modify.
- In the Change Account box, move the slider to change how much mail to keep offline to the desired setting.
- Click "Next" to save the setting and "Finish" in the final box.
- Click "Close" to close the Account Settings box.
Whether the appropriate amount of email to keep is 3 months or forever, the ability to modify this setting for each email account connected to Outlook helps manage local storage. Changing the length of storage can be done by accessing the account settings in Outlook and accessing the local settings for any and all email accounts individually. Once set, these settings will remain unless they are changed again.
As always, knowing what settings are available, and how to access them, is the key to better device management and efficiency when it comes to technology.