There are a few reasons why this can happen, including the wrong file permissions and insufficient device resources. If these check out, Windows Defender may be the cause for any slowness.
How to Fix the Slow Printing Issue in Sage 100 Accounts Payable Module
Whether printing to a print device or to a pdf file, if the Sage 100 2017 accounts payable software module is really slow to respond, or fails altogether, try adding the folder to the Windows Defender exclusion list since Windows Defender cannot be disabled in Windows Server 2016.
- Log into the device where Sage is installed.
- Click the Start button and click on the "Settings" cog.
- In Windows Settings, click "Update & Security".
- In the left pane, click on "Windows Defender".
- In the right pane, scroll to the bottom and click "Add an exclusion".
- Click the + sign next to "Exclude a folder".
- Browse the local device for the appropriate Sage folder. Click the folder to add it.
- Click the "Exclude this folder" button at the bottom of the Windows explorer window.
- The folder will now be excluded from Windows Defender.
- Test printing to pdf or to a physical print device. With the Sage folder excluded the print time should be greatly reduced.
As always, knowing how to make the right small changes can have a huge impact on your business!