- Bad emails sent by the user in the past
- Code embedded in the email
- Number of recipients for the email (mass emailing)
- Reputation of the sending domain (the domain is located after the @ sign)
Allowing Email from Addresses Marked as SPAM in Outlook
- Open Outlook and click on the SPAM folder to access emails determined to be SPAM.
- Right-click on the email incorrectly labeled as SPAM.
- Select "Junk" at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
- In the slide out menu, select "Not Junk".
- Verify the box next to "Always trust e-mail from "firstname.lastname@example.org" is checked.
- Click "OK".
- Once OK is clicked, the email is automatically moved into the Inbox and added to the Safe Sender's List.
As always, it is important to be aware of settings unique to the different programs we use every day. The more familiar we are, the less likely it is we will miss something important!