When you have something to sell, an e-commerce site can be one of the biggest tools you use to not only collect payment for an item, but also to get exposure for items. Two of the biggest names in e-commerce are Square and Shopify, and while they can accomplish many of the same things, they do them in different ways and offer different features. This post covers the similarities and differences between these two e-commerce solutions.
- Zero setup fees
- Zero transactions fees for the buyer of the item(s)
- Has available card readers for direct in person sales
- Provides an online shop/website to advertise and sell item(s)
- Allows invoices to be emailed directly to customers, rather than having a customer add items to their cart for online sales
- Fees collected are automatically deposited into connected bank accounts
- Credit card rates apply equally to Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express cards