The Health app, which is available in iPhone's running iOS 9, provides a simple way to input emergency medical information that can be accessed from a locked home screen.
Setting up emergency information to be accessible from the lock screen
- Open the Health App.
- Click on the "Medical ID" icon in the bottom right corner in the menu bar.
- Select the "Create Medical ID" option.
- Verify the "Show When Locked" setting is enabled in the emergency access section.
- Enter the appropriate information into the different available categories.
- When all the information has been added, click "Done" in the top right corner.
- A summary of the information entered is displayed in the Medical ID tab.
- Click the Home button and slide to unlock the phone.
- At the passcode screen, click "Emergency" in the bottom left corner.
- At the Emergency Call screen click "Medical ID" in the lower left corner.
- The emergency medical information is displayed.
To see how this is done, watch our video: