One thing to keep in mind while shopping is there will be amazing deals mixed in with deals that are not near as good. Some ways a deal is not as good as it seems are:
- The computer has an older processor - released 2+ years ago.
- There is a smaller amount of memory - at least 8GB is best.
- The device was built with an older operating system and upgraded later - rather than coming with the latest operating system natively installed.
How to Buy a Computer with Windows 10 Originally - Not Upgraded
To find out if the operating system was upgraded or if the latest operating system was originally installed on it:
- Power the device on.
- Open Windows file explorer.
- Navigate to the Windows (C:) folder and expand the list.
- In the expanded list, if a folder named "Windows.old" exists, the operating system was upgraded. On the contrary, if the latest operating system was installed originally, only the "Windows" folder will exist.
As always, knowing what to look for and where to find it is key!