Once a font has been chosen, download the font files. If the font files are being downloaded from a website, be sure to use a trusted website or one recommended by a trusted colleague. When downloading the font files, it is easiest to download them to the desktop so they are easy to find and copy. If the files download as a zip file, unzip them before copying them.
Once the font files have been downloaded, open Windows Explorer.
- In Windows 10 or on the Desktop screen of Windows 8.1, click the folder icon in the taskbar to open the "This PC" folder
- In Windows 7, right click on the start button and select "Windows Explorer"
- Double click the C: drive (the most common local disk drive letter, if yours differs, click the letter for the corresponding local disk drive)
- Double click the Windows folder
- Double click the Fonts folder to display all fonts