This post covers how to fully customize the repeat schedule for calendar events to save time and prevent duplicate creation. The next post of this series we will cover how to invite attendees to events. Follow this link for a video of how to customize repeating calendar events.
Customizing Repeating Calendar Events
- Open the Calendar app.
- Click on a specific date to add an event, or simply click the + button in the upper right corner to create a new event.
- Add the appropriate title, location, date and time information as needed.
- Scroll down and click "Repeat".
- At the bottom of the menu, click "Custom".
- Click on Frequency to select a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly frequency to repeat the item.
- Once the Frequency is selected, the menu options under "Every" will update based on this selection. For instance, weekly brings up a number of weeks and day of the week menu while monthly brings up a calendar to choose the day of the month.
- Repeating events can be customized to almost any schedule. For instance, an event can be scheduled to repeat on the 3rd Tuesday of every other month by clicking "On the..." beneath the Each selection to choose the following:
- First, Second, Third, Fourth, or Last OF
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Day, Weekday, or Weekend day
It can be hard to keep up with every new feature included in both built-in and added apps. However, these new features can often fulfill a need we once had or provide a more efficient way to do things that saves us time. Using the custom scheduling setting inside calendar events allows virtually endless scheduling options. Regardless of the type of event or the frequency with which it repeats, you can most certainly find a way to enter it once and never have to enter it again.
As always, knowing more of the possibilities gives us options!