Follow this link for a video of how to invite people to your events using the calendar app. In the next post of this series we will cover how to include travel time in calendar events so you are never again late to an event.
Customizing Calendar Events by Inviting People
- Open the Calendar app.
- Click on a specific date to add an event, or simply click the + button in the upper right corner to create a new event.
- Add the appropriate title, location, date and time information.
- Scroll down and click "Invitees".
NOTE: If you do not see Invitees, the calendar you have chosen does not support this feature. Most Microsoft Exchange and webmail accounts usually support this feature so try a different calendar if any are available. To use a different calendar, click "Calendar" and select a different calendar from the list of those available.
- To add invitees:
- Click + to select people from your existing Contacts OR
- Type an email address in the box at the top
- Continue adding people until all invitees have been added
- Once all invitees have been added, click "Done" at the top
- The list of invitees is displayed in the Invitees screen.
- Click New Event to go back to the event details.
- The number of invitees is listed in the event details below calendar.
- Click "Add" to add the event to your calendar and send email invitations to the invitees.
- The event is now listed in the calendar.