But what if you prefer an increased amount of ring time before the call is forwarded to voicemail? Or a decreased amount? Luckily there is a way to modify this by modifying the interval the phone rings before it forwards to voicemail.
How to Change the Voicemail Ring Time on an iPhone
- You are hard of hearing or struggle to hear the tones available on the phone
- You commonly miss calls because you cannot answer the phone quickly enough
- You leave your phone in a single location but are often away from it
- You suffer from any form of disability making it hard to answer in time
- You sometimes forget where you left your phone and it takes multiple rings to figure out where the phone is located
To increase or decrease the amount of time an iPhone rings before going to voicemail, follow these steps:
- Open the phone application.
- Click on the keypad tab.
- Dial "*#61#" and press the call button.
- This will bring up a screen with an 11-digit number.
- Write the number down OR
- Take a screen shot of the screen for reference
- Type the following code remembering to insert your unique 11-digit code and the new ring time in number of seconds (5 second increments only):
- *61*11-digit number*11*2 digit number of seconds#
- For example: *61*15693780204*11*55#
- Press the call button.
- This will bring up a successful activation screen for the new setting.
- Click Dismiss.
As always, knowing what settings are available to you to change, and how to manage those changes, is key in having the best user experience with your devices!