First, be sure you check the network cable, reboot, and or know the wireless network is operating correctly and that the device is connected to it before making any changes. If the device is the cause, resetting the network settings will often fix this issue. The process is simple and takes only a few minutes to complete.
What to do when Windows 10 Suddenly won't get Online
- Open the settings menu and select "Network & Internet".
- At the very bottom of the page, click the "Network Reset" link.
- On the confirmation page, click the "Reset now" button to start the network reset utility.
- Once the process begins it will remove all network settings and reboot the computer.
- Log into the device once the process is finished.
- If using a wireless network, connect to the appropriate network SSID using the password. NOTE: A wired connection should work automatically upon reboot.
- Use the device the way you normally would.